So for all of you that have a runner in the family or fitness enthusiast, here are a few ideas to help you out. You may even find a few things that you want to add to your wish list!
*Please note: These are not in any particular order and each item I recommend is not affiliated with the blog and I am not getting paid to “advertise” any one item. They are simply things I enjoy and love from personal experience and or lust.
1. Sleeves!! Zensah sleeves are compression sleeves. Which help circulation and aid in recovery.
2. Lulu tank, sweater, jacket, wunder unders is something you can NEVER go wrong with. Little pricier so make sure you really love that person. Because you may bring tears to their eyes.
3. Medal display hangers!
I found these on etsy via pinterest and realized how awesome it would be to have all my medals hung neatly and not on the corner of my dresser mirror… I also think it would be an easy DIY project and your gift receiver would be oober impressed.
4. Running gloves
I can’t tell you enough how much I love wearing gloves in the winter/fall when running. I hated finishing a long run and not being able to use my fingers to get my car key out of an itty bitty pocket to get in my car and blast the heat.. I have under armor ones that I love but these are similar!
5. Books-Intense dedicated runners like to read about running.. its about as addicting as actual running is.
So get them a subscription to my favorite running magazine. It’s the gift the just keeps on giving!! Right now they have a special.. $9.97 for 12 months.. SIGN ME UP! *hint hint hubby lub.
or a book about running (there is like a zillion)
6. Book a massage! Now, a sports massage would be in the top of all gifts to get ANY athlete, lazy person, grandparent, spouse etc.
Massages should be a weekly thing really.. If I had the finances I know I would!!
7. Running Socks- Yes, they exist and once you run in high quality running socks you will never go back to the 10 pack from costco ever, ever again.
And I know its kind of going to be kind of silly to actually give someone socks for Christmas.. but your runner-gift-receiver person will appreciate you greatly.. and think about you every time they slip on their special running socks.
Hopefully, that gave you some stellar ideas on what to get the runner in the fam or even maybe surprise yourself with a little somethin, somethin.
You might be interested:
- You remember how I went to IMAZ to cheer my friend on and I have been procrastinating the post ever since because I simply can’t find the words to describe the feeling and emotion I experienced even though I wasn’t even in the race?! Yes, well there is no better way to hear it, then from the Ironman HERself!! Liz, honestly is one of the most amazing individuals I know. She is just the kind of person you want as a friend for your whole life. I admire her SO much and can’t thank her enough for how much she does for me and how she has impacted my life for the better! Check out her IMAZ rundown HERE!
Exercise for health. The Demotion of Exercise- By Neil Anderson
- DIY- Workout headband via fitsugar